Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Been gone so very damn long...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steeltsar
    Denizen of Moo Uria
    • Jan 2005

Been gone so very damn long...

Hullo all. Sorry to have been absent so long. Been on my travels and never seem to get round to using web cafes, nor do I own a travelling laptop. Added to which I had to cope with a grisly, or possibly gristly, knee problem that eventually required surgery (in Washington, by a Chevy Chase-lookalike doctor, who decorated his consulting room walls with Xmas cards from Bill and Hillary.) Hope you're all well. Great to hear Prototype is coming along so well.
    Four years ago, I was determined to do my little bit to try to break the hegemony of Amis and his permeant influence in the world of British letters and literature. One of the high-profile arts strands on TV should make a detailed film about Mike, I thought. I was a TV journalist then and even got as far as speaking to the noble panjandrum Melvyn (Lord) Bragg about it. No-one seemed that motivated. Surprising? Well, the Establishment's the Establishment. Anyway, I got as far as writing an abstract of a possible film - of which, the other day, tucked away in a notebook, I came across a hard-copy version. And I found that it's still here on my PC.
    So if anyone's interested, I'm going to try to reproduce it here, over in the Enclave. Run the film in your head. Thoughts welcome. Apologies for any presumption, cliches or crap, Mike.
    Love and blessings.
    8)
  • Michael Moorcock
    Site Host
    • Dec 2003

To be fair I had my share of programmes about me until the 80s when fashions changed. Melvyn was always nervous of my beard. Not kidding. Last time I saw him he made a beard gesture with his hand and apologised for not recognising me... I've had the beard since long before I first met him! So it goes. I actually feel rather comfortable being unfashionable with such people. Both Iain Sinclair and I feel a bit weird, of course, when our ideas are lifted whole, but maybe that's the price you pay for the kind of freedom we value.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Working...
    X