Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Doctor Who/Elric and other questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kitmarlowescot2
    Moonbeam Traveller
    • Jul 2006

Doctor Who/Elric and other questions

I was wondering has the Doctor ever meet Elric of Melnibone? Has Mr. Moorcock ever crossed the fourth wall and met one of his characters in fiction?
  • Mario
    Denizen of Moo Uria
    • Sep 2004

Mister Moorcock IS a character in his fiction, especially in the Second Ether books and the Multiverse comic.
    Best/Mario

Comment

• kitmarlowescot2
      Moonbeam Traveller
      • Jul 2006

Oh ok so he has met his own characters in fiction. Does Elric ever know he is fictional?

Comment

• Mario
        Denizen of Moo Uria
        • Sep 2004

It's more of a situation where Elric (or the Rose, or someone) stops by Mike's ranch in Texas to shoot the breeze, and Mike writes up the stories. So Elric knows fiction is being written about him, but he isn't fictional.
        Best/Mario

Comment

• Zax
          Zax
          Citizen of Tanelorn
          • Jan 2004

One of the contributors to MM's 50th birthday festschrift sent him to the end of time to meet the usual suspects. My copy's not to hand and I can't recall the author, but it was very funny.

Comment

• DeepFixer
            Eternal Champion
            • Dec 2003

There's also the scene in The Entropy Tango, I beleive, in The Mountain Grill cafe where Mr. M, various past and current members of Hawkwind and Jerry and Co. are all in attendance.

No Elric, though.

Elric shows up to help Hawkwind in The Queens of Delria, though I don't think 'The Moorlock (Prophet, Scribe and Acid Sorcerer)' is there.
            Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

• Doc
              Doc
              Eternal Champion
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Zax
              One of the contributors to MM's 50th birthday festschrift sent him to the end of time to meet the usual suspects. My copy's not to hand and I can't recall the author, but it was very funny.

Hey Zax! That was Tad Williams, if I remember correctly, in a story entitled The Author at the End of Time.

Comment

• Zax
                Zax
                Citizen of Tanelorn
                • Jan 2004

Yup, that's the one.

I also recall MM being fictionalised (and seemingly transgendered) as Michelle Moonrock by, I think, Keith Seddon. You still out there, Keith?

Comment

Working...
                X