Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

question about the hawkwind books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Anonymous

question about the hawkwind books

I am currently reading the first book, Time of the Hawklords. I am really enjoying it. I was looking at the back of the second book, Queens of Deliria, and I saw that there is/was a third book in the series. Did this book ever get published? I have tried searching for it on the internet, but I haven't see anything about it. I also saw that there were two proposed names for the book. One being 'Ledge of Darkness' and the other being 'The Quest of the Life Sword'. I am really curious if this book ever did get written/published, because I would love to have a copy so I could see how the story ended.
  • KenBoorman
    Citizen of Tanelorn
    • Jan 2004

Hi,
    I believe the third book was published as a graphic novel. It is called Ledge of Darkness. This book was written by Michael Butterworth and Bob Walker, and I think it was published by Savoy Books in the UK. I believe it is out of print now.
    Hope that helps,
    Ken
    Ken Boorman
    Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Anonymous

Hi,

'Ledge Of Darkness' was actually published by Collector's Guide Publishing of Canada, in 1994, but was only available as part of a 4-C.D. box set called 'Hawkwind: 25 Years On', released by Griffin Music and now long-deleted. Copies of this set are very hard to find; individual copies of the book even harder!

Best,

John Davey,
      Jayde Design.

Comment

Anonymous

Okay, thanks for the help. So I am assuming that it was just never released as a standard book, just a graphic novel? Anyway, thanks for the info.

Comment

Anonymous

Seems to me someone should commission Mike to do a text version of the novel. Or at least reprint the graphic novel.

Comment

• KenBoorman
            Citizen of Tanelorn
            • Jan 2004

If I'm not mistaken, the only connection Mike had was to suggest the idea for the book/s to Butterworth.
            Ken
            Ken Boorman
            Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
              Site Host
              • Dec 2003

I think I wrote the opening paragraph of the first book.
              The publisher insisted on putting my name on it bigger than
              Mike's and that annoyed me, since one of the objects was to promote Mike's own work. That's since been rectified.
              But I never had any intention of writing the books and essentially see the entire project as being between Mike Butterworth and Hawkwind.
              It would be nice to see the whole trilogy appear one day!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
              The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
              Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
              The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
              Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Working...
              X