Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Italians are Coming! The Italians are Coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Moorcock
    Site Host
    • Dec 2003

The Italians are Coming! The Italians are Coming!

Just to mention what a great pleasure it was to meet Dalmazio Frau and his friends Alberto and Massimiliano, who came to Paris this week. We had a wonderful time together and I'm still drinking the wine and liquor they so kindly brought, while feasting my eyes on the great painting of Elric which Dal gave me. And thanks again for the lunch, pards! I still feel it should have been my treat!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

• Typhoid_Mary
    Little Voice
    • Jun 2004

In case anyone is wondering, Dalmazio Frau is the artist who painted the cover for the Elric of Melnibonأ© audiobook. His website is here:

http://www.dalmaziofrau.it/

Favourite quote from his website: "Now illustration is finished and Conner, my cat, can sleep on it. Having a cat who appreciate your works is essential in this job."

Comment

• L'Etranger
      Veteran Moorcockista
      • Dec 2003

I faintly remember there was an artist family Frau of Italian stock in Munich in the 1930's ... Circus, juggling, something of ther kind ...
      Google ergo sum

Comment

• L'Etranger
        Veteran Moorcockista
        • Dec 2003

Also renowned for the beautiful daughters of the family, if I'm not mistaken, pard.
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Anonymous

We are really happy and proud to have known Mike, Linda and all the cats. We have had really a beautiful time with all of them.
          Hoping we can see Mike, Linda and his tailed pards in Italy soon and in a good health.
          Italian wine is a good cure for the pain in the world. But "limoncello" and "Genepy" are really great medicine.
          :clap:
          About my ancestors, I didn't know anything about an italian family Frau as juggler in Munich in the '30's but this new is very, very interesting and funny.
          My family in that period was in Italy in Sardegna ( our ancestore probably were spanish, catalan nobles in the XVI with the Emperor Charles V, from my grandmothers we are nobles, but from my grandfather I think not ), were my grandfather ( I have known him a little bit when I was a child, he died when I was 7 ) was a Mayor i a little town during Fascism. And her brother was papal legate with the Pacelli Pope.
          Then arrived my father who has broken with the tradition of our family and at the end I'm arrived me to destry it at all.
          So that's all folks! :clap: :lol:
          Thank you again and thank you for your beautiful words about my art

Comment

• Hieronymus
            Angelic Painter
            • Mar 2004

:D
            Sorry for post not logged. As you have understood the "guest" was myself.
            Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

• L'Etranger
              Veteran Moorcockista
              • Dec 2003

Ummmm, this is getting complicated .... a rare moment of different realities coliding, hehe.
              Either Mike can explain or you'll know more soon anyway. Excuse if I remain enigmatic ... scusi 8)
              Google ergo sum

Comment

• Hieronymus
                Angelic Painter
                • Mar 2004

Don't worry LEtranger , it's complicated for me too. Misteries of the Multiverse :lol:
                Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Anonymous

Hello Mike,
                  this is Clizia, one of Dalmazio’s friends. Thank you so much for your autograph on the gorgeous Elric’s comic (now I have to buy the numbers 1, 3 and 4 ) and the postcard, I've really appreciated.
                  I whish you all the best too.
                  Clizia

Comment

• HellHound
                    Working The Chaos Clock
                    • Dec 2003

\m/df\m/
                    When it comes time to die
                    Sing your death song
                    and die like a warrior.

http://www.aliensurgeon.com

Comment

• Azariel
                      Eternal Companion
                      • Sep 2005

wow, now thats a Corum pic! Beautiful

Comment

• Corbie
                        Denizen of Moo Uria
                        • Apr 2007

This thread is making me feel very nostalgic. There was a time when I spent months on end in the north of Italy with my brother in law and his family. Wonderful people, food, wine. Great memories. Must get myself back there soon!

Glad you all had fun!

Comment

• L'Etranger
                          Veteran Moorcockista
                          • Dec 2003

I'm be going to North Tuscany for a week in August. Really need it.
                          Pontremoli area within sight of the Carrara mountains. And plunging the old body into salt waters around Lerici or San Terenzo (Liguria).
                          Any Moorcockistas around?
                          Last edited by L'Etranger; 06-15-2010, 12:19 AM.
                          Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                          X