Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Jeu de Tarot (French covers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Moorcock
    Site Host
    • Dec 2003

Jeu de Tarot (French covers)

My French mass market publisher has published a set of Tarot cards using covers from their books, including Tolkien, Herbert and myself.
    For people who like such things, it's a beautiful set. I'm very pleased with the majority of my French covers (Pocket and Atalante are the main ones). For those who don't want to buy books they can't read the Tarot
    set reproduces covers from Elric, Hawkmoon and Corum stories.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

• Krimson
    Eternal Companion
    • Nov 2004

Oooh! I want to see that! You have a link? My best friend Christine would also likely be interested She collects Tarot and has in excess of 120 decks. My own collection is considerably smaller, though I would love a deck I would be inclined to use more. My Crowley deck is 14 years old and starting to show its age. I have a Harlequin tarot I adore because it reminds me of Jerry, but I don't seem to use it much. And I'd use my Giger deck, but it only has 22 cards. Thanks for sharing this.
    Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

• Krimson
      Eternal Companion
      • Nov 2004

Thanks for the link. I wasn't able to find any referenced to the deck, so I may write an enquiry. It could be the deck just hasn't been made available on the site yet.
      Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

• Mikey_C
        Champion of the Balance
        • May 2004

Doesn't it ever bother you, Mike, that there must be people out there who will turn your books into a religion? It's happening to HP Lovecraft.

I love tarot cards, by the way. I use the AE Waite pack. I don't know if there's anything occult about them, or whether its just a useful form of lateral thinking. It can move things on at points where reason just leads me into a circle. It's one area in life where I can contain and even harness the irrational. Somehow that's important.
        \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

• mordenkainen
          Eternal Companion
          • Dec 2004

The site only refers to the tarot deck as a free extra for buyers of certain books. No pics, no description. :(

Comment

• Krimson
            Eternal Companion
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Mikey_C
            Doesn't it ever bother you, Mike, that there must be people out there who will turn your books into a religion? It's happening to HP Lovecraft.
            Heh - I once did a write up compaing the relations between Elric/Yrkoon/Cymoril and Jerry/Frank/Catherine with the Canaanite myths surrounding Baal/Mot/Astarte. Though I perceived the stories as being part of a common theme of Protagonist/Antagonist/Catalyst which is prevalent in human history.

Mordenkainan - thanks for the confirmation. I real a little blurb, but my french is so rough that I wan't sure it really said that.

Mike, any chance of seeing if your publisher might make the deck available as a separate purchase?

Comment

• Groakes
              badseed
              • Jan 2005

I don't speak French (well, not enough to be useful outside a nightclub....) but the site is pretty easy to navigate. If you do search on Moorcock you get a good list of available titles and if you click on individual titles you can get to a not too small image of the covers....
              Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
              Bakunin

Comment

Working...
              X