Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Yong old Moorcock reader

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dark Lord's Passing
    Sailor on the Seas of Fate
    • Jul 2006
    • 60

    Yong old Moorcock reader

    Hello, I've been a fan of Mike Moorcock's work since the seventies - much at the same time that I discovered the freak brothers - I have not read much of late, but hope to renew my aquaintance! Glad to have found this place!
  • Morgan Kane
    Lost in the multiverse
    • Jun 2006
    • 1428

    #2
    Welcome in paradise/hell !

    Comment

    • johneffay
      Born Again Nihilist
      • Sep 2005
      • 3394

      #3
      Nice Catweazle avatar!

      Comment

      • voilodian ghagnasdiak
        Warrior On The Edge
        • Jun 2006
        • 2591

        #4
        Those Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers by RIP OFF PRESS are still reprinted randomly. Ive got some old and new issues that Ive collected over the years. I used to get a kick out of The Adventures Of Fat Freddy's Cat. FF's cat was always at war over leftover scraps of food with the army of cockroaches that lived in their apartment. The head cockroach was a caricature of general MacArthur, corn cob pipe and all. I still read them..

        Comment

        • Dark Lord's Passing
          Sailor on the Seas of Fate
          • Jul 2006
          • 60

          #5
          Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
          Those Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers by RIP OFF PRESS are still reprinted randomly. Ive got some old and new issues that Ive collected over the years. I used to get a kick out of The Adventures Of Fat Freddy's Cat. FF's cat was always at war over leftover scraps of food with the army of cockroaches that lived in their apartment. The head cockroach was a caricature of general MacArthur, corn cob pipe and all. I still read them..
          Ah yes! now I remember! "Don't worry, there are millions more where they came from!"
          "Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"
          "And that, to cut a long story short, is how Fat Freddy found his way home without a flash-light"

          The vanished memories of youth, I had forgotten those, have not read them in decades...

          Comment

          • Dark Lord's Passing
            Sailor on the Seas of Fate
            • Jul 2006
            • 60

            #6
            Originally posted by johneffay
            Nice Catweazle avatar!
            great web site john! Had a look at the fundies site brrr! freaky!

            Comment

            • REDKOMET
              Moonbeam Traveller
              • Jun 2005
              • 9

              #7
              Fat Freddie's Cat.lol.
              Anyone here remember S. Clay Wilson's Checkered Demon?
              Classic odd ball stuff.

              Comment

              • Dark Lord's Passing
                Sailor on the Seas of Fate
                • Jul 2006
                • 60

                #8
                Originally posted by REDKOMET
                Fat Freddie's Cat.lol.
                Anyone here remember S. Clay Wilson's Checkered Demon?
                Classic odd ball stuff.

                Was not that the "Polka-dot Demon" and he used to ride an HD ?

                Comment

                • redbeard
                  Satans Final Fart!
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 265

                  #9
                  The good old Freak Brothers, I remember them well. Country Cowfreak actually reminded me of a farmer I used to work for. I might have to see if my younger brother still has my collection, I wouldn't mind taking a look again.
                  My signature is

                  Comment

                  • Governor of Rowe Island
                    Orgone Accumulator
                    • Aug 2004
                    • 5266

                    #10
                    All this talk of the Freaks means I may just have to get mine out and read them again. I toyed with the idea of a Fat Freddy avatar for a while -
                    FatFred.jpg
                    Anyone want it?
                    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

                    -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

                    Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

                    :-: Onsite Offerings :-:


                    "I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

                    Comment

                    • voilodian ghagnasdiak
                      Warrior On The Edge
                      • Jun 2006
                      • 2591

                      #11
                      Fat Freddy? I'll stick with my av Gov. Thanks just the same.
                      I used to really get a kick out of The Adventures Of Fat Freddies Cat. Everytime that Freddy, Phineas and Franklin went off on a 3 day "run" it seemed like the army of cockroaches that lived in the building tried to take over on Fat Freddies Cat. Hilarious stuff, and still reprinted the odd time by Ripoff Press. I still have a small collection of some of the old issues.

                      Comment

                      • Governor of Rowe Island
                        Orgone Accumulator
                        • Aug 2004
                        • 5266

                        #12
                        I've lost count of how many times I've read them. I like the 'Back to Grass Roots' story where F. Frederick Skitty wanders about in the woods. Among various escapades he scarpers up a tree saying you would, too, if you'd smelled what he did, later gets courted by a lady cougar and puts another cat straight on where fish come from (tins not water!).

                        'Let's all get drunk and go na-a-aked,
                        and fall in a great big pile.'*

                        Just before I posted this I visited the FFFB site and discovered they are apparently making a film about this very story!
                        http://www.grassrootsthemovie.com/movie.htm
                        And Gilbert Shelton is involved!

                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        *=iirc
                        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

                        -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

                        Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

                        :-: Onsite Offerings :-:


                        "I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

                        Comment

                        • Dark Lord's Passing
                          Sailor on the Seas of Fate
                          • Jul 2006
                          • 60

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island
                          I've lost count of how many times I've read them. I like the 'Back to Grass Roots' story where F. Frederick Skitty wanders about in the woods. Among various escapades he scarpers up a tree saying you would, too, if you'd smelled what he did, later gets courted by a lady cougar and puts another cat straight on where fish come from (tins not water!).

                          'Let's all get drunk and go na-a-aked,
                          and fall in a great big pile.'*

                          Just before I posted this I visited the FFFB site and discovered they are apparently making a film about this very story!
                          http://www.grassrootsthemovie.com/movie.htm
                          And Gilbert Shelton is involved!

                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                          *=iirc
                          Thanks for the link!
                          Yes, the film seems to have been on its way for some time. I think they are having problems raising the cash. You will notice on that site links for wouldbe investors.

                          Comment

                          • Governor of Rowe Island
                            Orgone Accumulator
                            • Aug 2004
                            • 5266

                            #14
                            Let's get Nick Park stoned, give him a load of acid and get Aardman Animation to do it!
                            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

                            -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

                            Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

                            :-: Onsite Offerings :-:


                            "I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

                            Comment

                            • Hieronymus
                              Angelic Painter
                              • Mar 2004
                              • 712

                              #15
                              Hallo DLP, you're the welcome
                              Hieronymus

                              - Dalmatius -

                              "I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X